Context of Position
The finance team manages the financial accounting and reporting for Exertis (UK) Ltd. The team are focused on providing support to all areas of the business with a bias for control.
The financial accounting team provides key accounting and treasury support including management of the month end processes, internal management reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, FX exposures and forecasting and optimising working capital.
The financial accounting manager plays a key role in ensuring that the above areas are managed in line with the control infrastructure of Exertis (UK) Ltd.
- Managing and developing a team of 3 part-qualified accountants with a cultural emphasis on continuous improvement and personal development.
- Responsible for managing the month end close process, driving the timetable to ensure that tight deadlines are met in accordance with expectation.
- Ensuring that accounting entries processed adhere to all internal controls and Exertis/DCC accounting policies.
- Supporting the financial controller to ensure that the reported financials are fully reviewed, analysed, and interrogated where necessary.
- Preparation and review of a wide range of complex balance sheet account reconciliations, identifying and resolving any anomalies.
- Exceptional cost reporting and reconciliation, liaising closely with the finance director.
- Managing the process for both Internal and External Audit teams & providing expertise and advice as required.
- Managing cash flows across group companies
- Managing the group working capital forecasting model
- Ensuring the integrity of bank control frameworks
- Managing receivables factoring submissions to external companies and DCC Group.
- Monitoring and forecasting the Group's foreign currency and hedging processes to limit exposure.
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement of processes in the finance team
- Reviewing & improving business / accounting procedures
Note: this job description is designed as a general outline of the main duties and responsibilities associated with the post but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
- Good technical knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Tem Building Skills
- Advance Excel essential
- Team management experience.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Exposure to Financial Accounting and control processes in a large, complex organisation
- Previous Treasury experience desirable
- Highly PC literate - particularly Excel & used to dealing with high volume, complex data manipulation & reporting
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- High attention to detail and an ability to review detailed work quickly and accurately
- Organised self-starter with ability to plan & prioritise one's own workload
- Will take ownership for issues and tackle them proactively with colleagues
- Motivated & enthusiastic with a "can do" mentality
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to review business processes to effect & instigate plans for future improvement
- Experience of using an integrated ERP system, Oracle/SAP
- Available to travel (10%< ongoing)
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'