Financial Accounting Record to Report Manager job West London - £76k
The Statutory Record to Reporting Manager's primary role includes reviewing and challenging statutory financial information packs submitted by directorates and international shared finance service functions.
The role has specific responsibility and ownership of the financial information included in general ledger, quarterly external reporting subsidiary packs and quarterly reporting templates submitted to the Group Financial Accounting function.
The individual plays a critical role in the quarter end financial close process of the key trading subsidiaries of the Group.
The role is accountable for the design, development and delivery of the Record to Report strategy and process and the performance outcomes for the outsourced accounting functions. This includes accountability for the end to end process design and implementation for defined Record to Report activities, actively working with a group-wide finance functions.
The role is responsible for managing changes in the Group reporting requirements, and delivering effective process improvements.
- Prepare and own the subsidiary pack for the main trading entity of the Group, ensuring effective and timely delivery of relevant and accurate consolidated financial information.
- Provide comprehensive FA and MA and Assets on behalf of the business. Includes
- review of balance sheet reconciliations and oversight of the maintenance of fixed asset registers
- Timely and accurate delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements for the business and Assets. Including the reporting pack, management commentaries and notes to the accounts.
- Correctly reflecting the accounting for business transactions, including payment, financing and disposals.
- Ensure that accounting treatments comply with group accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Ensure intercompany and intragroup balances are recorded accurately and agreed and differences are fully investigated and explained.
- Work effectively with internal and external auditors especially during reporting periods.
- Provide adhoc advice to Finance Business Partner teams on any issues regarding asset accounting, financial close and the detail of statutory accounting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement via automation and standardisation and manage their implementation.
- Work within and promote the internal controls environment: implement control
- mechanisms, monitor, review and continuously improve.
- Ensure that internal controls over the quarterly financial close and reporting are operating effectively across all finance functions and overseas accounting teams ensuring accuracy of posting and governance over reported information.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for subsidiaries of the group.
- Provide financial reporting close instructions and expert guidance on data and disclosure
- requirements to the outsource functions in India and Poland. Working with these teams in a"hands on" manner.
- Direct authority for Record to report service delivery including engagement with relevant business functions, global process owners and information system functions.
- The record to report processes accountable for include:
- Corporate and Local Closing General Ledger Processes
- General Ledger Account Reconciliations and Analysis (including monitoring compliance)
- Journal Entry Processing and Approval (including approval of after period journals)
- Chart of Accounts Master Data Management
- Accounting for, reconciling and reporting intercompany and intragroup transactions
- Statutory and Corporate Reporting
- Managing and supervising fixed asset (ground and fleet) accounting and reporting
- Lead and support in Group Financial Accounting projects, eg IFRS16 implementation, Common
- Finance System implementation.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.