Financial Accounting Manager
A position has arisen for a Financial Accounting Manager within a leading UK charity. This is a key role managing the financial accounting team, taking responsibility for the primary ledgers, financial controls, production and reconciliation of the balance sheet and production of statutory accounts.
Salary: £52,000 per annum
The successful candidate must be fully qualified (ACCA/ACA) and have experience managing a team including qualified accountants
Your duties will include:
- Production of annual reports and statutory accounts
- Managing a team of five including 2 qualified Accountants and 3 Finance Officers
- Monitoring and forecasting cash flow and maintaining appropriate treasury management procedures
- Review complex balance sheet reconciliations, including investments, accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income, guiding the Finance Officers and Financial Accountants in resolution of issues and clearing reconciling items
- Ensure all audit requests are met on a timely basis, with issues followed up and resolved satisfactorily
- Provide in-house expertise on all aspects of taxation, keeping up to date with new tax legislation and ensuring changes are properly communicated and incorporated into the organisation's procedures and controls
- Ensure month end and year end timetables for ledger close off are adhered to and perform reasonableness checks to ensure completeness and accuracy of transactions recorded in each period
The successful candidate should:
- Be a fully qualified Accountant
- Have experience managing a team including qualified Accountants
- Experience in the production of consolidated statutory accounts
- Experience with the system SUN is desirable
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Financial Accounting Manager who is ready to hit the ground running.
Reference Number: 6614580
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Sam Williamson or Yasmin Russell on and email your updated CV to .
- statutory accounts
- year end
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job