A fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accounting Manager working with the International Finance Team has become available within a large charity that work across 34 countries. Saving the lives of Millions of people.
- Manage the performance and development of two International Financial Accountants to create and maintain an effective, motivated team.
- To support the Head of International Finance in the development and implementation of a global financial assurance programme including development of analysis tools, reports and KPIs, cash transfer processes, support initiatives, capacity and capability plans.
- Lead financial control processes support to Country Programmes and Regional teams. Identify and develop robust, flexible and adaptable financial control business processes to address finance business problems.
- Lead on sharing of global and local finance control processes, identifying and embedding best practice to ensure continuous improvement in financial accounting across the Finance teams.
- Lead in maintaining an oversight on financial control risks. Ensure these risks have been communicated to the appropriate staff in the Country Programmes and/or the region. Advise and support the Country Programmes as they develop and implement financial risk management plans.
- Lead the co-ordination of Country Programme information for the implementation of the global audit programme and production and review of country programme audit packs.
- Support the delivery of specific strategic 'change' projects, reviewing existing procedures, ascertaining risks and implementing change.
- Ensure country programme financial policies and procedures including local account manuals are consistent with the Global Accounts Manual and local laws, and that systems and processes are compliant.
- Lead the induction and continuous development programme for finance leaders internationally, to enhance financial competence and embedding of standards across programmes. Working with other members of the finance teams across the organisations international programme, lead the design and co-ordinate the delivery of training programmes and learning materials for new starters in organisations finance; refresher training for established finance professionals; and awareness training for non-finance managers.
- Working in tandem with the relevant Corporate Finance Systems team, coordinate and monitor the effective use of our International Finance systems and coding structure to support monitoring and reporting on CP performance; including recommending and approving changes affecting CP/Region teams
- Lead on the efficient processing and review of monthly cash transfer submissions and support on the timely transfer of funds to country programmes ensuring cash limits overseas are not exceeded and currency risks are mitigated.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the global finance function to ensure an integrated approach, mutual learning and effective use of resources.
- Provide cover for the International Financial Accountant as required.
- Play a key role on the International Finance Leadership Team (IFLT) making a strong overall contribution and ensuring that financial control and compliance issues receive due consideration.
- Deputise for and perform any additional tasks as requested by the Head of International Finance.
Degree level education
Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
Significant senior financial accounting expertise, experience and knowledge
Experience in managing complex finance process analysis, design and
improvement initiatives, including defining the approach, structure and
Experience of leading, managing and motivating others and driving change.
Experience in initiating, developing and improving financial processes
Experience in the use of SUN or other global web based accounting package.
Advanced MS Excel skills
Experience of developing and delivering training for finance and non-finance
Experience of working effectively in different cultures, preferably gained in an
Proven ability to build effective working relationships with finance and non-finance
colleagues and work in a collaborative way
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Customer orientated and adaptable
Fluency in spoken and written English.
Salary up to £50,000 plus benefits
If you meet the above the requirements please apply for the role now!
- accounting manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job