Your new company
Leading local company with proven track record of developing staff
Your new role
- Completion of management accounting forecasting and budgeting for central and service department cost centres and for the marketing area.
- Produce corporate pages of monthly board finance pack.
- Produce all cash flow reporting, forecasting and budgeting including monitoring of position versus bank covenants.
- Assist in the consolidation of the 3 year plan and budget and the preparation of the Board papers
- Complete all working capital reporting and forecasting to include aged debt analysis and bad debt charges.
- Produce all capital and disposal reporting and maintain integrity of fixed asset register.
- Complete all corporate tax and VAT returns.
- Produce subsidiary companies statutory accounts on an annual basis.
- Provide support for the Chief Accountant and FC relating to all aspects of the annual audit and production of the group financial statements - to include preparation of audit support documentation, drafting of the financial statements and dealing with audit queries.
- Complete reconciliation of SIP trust account and other key balance sheet accounts.
- Carry out ad hoc financial project work as requested by Financial Controller and Chief Accountant.
What you'll need to succeed
- Newly qualified ACA or ACCA accountant currently working in public practice
- Tax knowledge advantageous.
- Excellent technical accounting skills.
- Understanding of consumer finance advantageous.
- Experience of a computerised accounting package, SAP advantageous
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Powerpoint advantageous.
- Excellent numeracy and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to build relationships and communicate complex messages to non-financial colleagues within the business.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment.
- Customer Service focus.
What you'll get in return
Great opportunity to develop your career, especially if you're looking to make a first move from practice into commerce & industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.