Blackwaters are working with a PE backed multi-site business based in Woking who are looking for a Financial Accountant, this role will be part of the growing group function. This is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking for an opportunity where they will get diverse exposure, alongside having a clear path to either going to a senior technical role or making a move into the FP&A team.
- Oversee the monthly consolidation process in our consolidation system -Cognos Controller. The Group currently consists of c.100 entities across UK, US, Germany and Australia.
- Ensure that all intercompany balances are matched and reconciled monthly. Query any mismatches with the relevant subsidiary finance teams and follow through to resolution
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of intercompany transaction eliminations
- Complete monthly loan interest and capital repayment calculations and postings
- Own the Group’s IFRS16 compliance, maintaining the database of leases, calculating and posting monthly accounting entries and reconciling accounts
- Calculate and post any transactions required in the Group’s holding companies each month
- Own the group recharges process
- Complete the monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all Group GL accounts
- Own the Group-wide balance sheet reconciliation process. Ensure that all subsidiary finance teams are preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations for all GLs at the required frequency.
- Participate in quarterly balance sheet reviews with subsidiary finance teams
- Assist in the integration of new acquisitions onto the ATG finance platform, ensuring consistency in reporting and financial controls and processes
- Work with our outsourced accountancy provider and the Senior Financial Accountants to produce the annual statutory accounts of all UK subsidiaries (FRS101)
- Assist in the production of the consolidated annual financial statements and report (IFRS)
- Support the Group Financial Controller and Senior Financial Accountants in ad hoc tasks and investigations, seeing these through individually to resolution
- Identify risks and provide the appropriate solutions along with the ability to implement those solutions with the help of the wider finance team and business.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualifed
- Experience of working with or auditing complex multinational companies
- Experience in preparing or auditing UK statutory accounts
- Strong systems skills in all MS Office applications, with advanced Excel a must
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to step back from the detail and effectively problem solve when issues arise
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'