This well-established Housing Association are looking to add to their team in this newly created post of Financial Accountant. This could suit someone making a First Move out of Practice (ACA or ACCA) or an experienced Financial Accountant.
Your role will take responsibility for co-ordination and completion of the final accounts, regulatory and other financial returns, and the provision of an efficient taxation service for the Group.
- Co-ordinate the completion of the annual statutory accounts for the Group, external audit of the accounts & submission to relevant bodies
- Design and maintain finance related policies and procedures and lead on ensuring financial control framework is operating effectively
- Complete and contribute to the completion of regulatory, statutory, and statistical returns as appropriate
- Responsible for the effective administration of the tax affairs of the Group including VAT, Corporation Tax; PAYE and Transfer Pricing rules including submission of all Group VAT returns
- Develop the Taxation strategy, policy and procedures and provide training and advice to the business in order to mitigate VAT and tax liabilities as far as possible
- Ad hoc projects and other financial tasks
- You must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent with a strong technical financial accounting background. You will have up to date experience and understanding of current legislation requirements and the production of statutory financial statements & regulatory returns
- You will be having excellent financial systems skills including excel and be proactive at developing robust financial controls and procedures for the smooth operation of the financial reporting within the group. You will ideally have a knowledge of Tax & VAT
- As an active member of the finance team, you will have the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to finance and non-finance employees and be able to work on your own initiative using sound and professional judgement
If this sounds like a role for you - please apply on line or contact Claire Bayman on for an initial discussion about the role.
- Financial Reporting
- Statutory Accounts
- Tax Returns
- Vat Returns
- Year End Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'