Financial Accountant- (Fully Qualified)
c£40K, plus core and flex benefits
Blackpool based with a requirement for travel predominantly in the first 6 months
Due to expansion SSCL have an opportunity for a qualified accountantto join our Finance team. You will be responsible for leading one of our key client contracts (Accounts Production and finance operations) and directly support the senior finance management team in the financial reporting of contract performance.
A key part will be hands on developing best practice and efficiency, working directly with senior stakeholders and provide insightful, useful analysis and solutions. The ideal candidate will be analytical, have impeccable attention to detail, be self-driven with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, and manage a small finance team. The role will involve some travel, with more initially expected in the first 6 months.
The role offers fantastic opportunity to shape a new role in our organisation and career development in a unique joint venture with a track record of developing employees and internal progression backed by the Sopra Steria group, a European leader of digital transformation with nearly 7,000 employees in the UK alone.
- Knowledge acquisition relating to the clients business with a view to shaping the small finance team within SSCL.
- Develop an accounting model to allow production of month-end and year-end accounts in readiness for the move to a new accounting system (transformation)
- Process review and validation for pre and post transformation activity
- Delivery of finance services which form part of the clients service catalogue
- Management of a small finance team
- Maintain financial and performance reporting
- Attend client meetings to present and discuss financial information
- Act as client lead on accounting related matters
Qualified financial accountant
- Previous experience in transactional finance delivery
- Experience managing a number of stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format
- Motivated and driven with the ability to work independently
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft Office software
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organisation
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Shared Services Connected Limited is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
- Financial Reporting
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'