This successful, established and fast-paced professional services business in Birmingham are looking to strengthen their Financial Accounts team with the appointment of a new Financial Accountant. This role will see you assume responsibility of financial reporting for a group of subsidiary businesses, preparing year-end statutory accounts as well as providing insightful financial analysis relating to group performance. Assisting the Group Financial Accountant and slotting into a growing financial accounts department, your focus will be on helping to add value to the business and improve current processes as well as providing accurate and timely financial accounting - making this opportunity more commercially-focussed than a large majority of financial accounting positions.
Ideally, you will:
• Have excellent technical financial accounting skills with a background of working either in the audit department of a practice, or in a group financial accounts department of a large business
• Be recently qualified (ACCA or ACA) and looking for a genuine opportunity to advance, progress and develop your career in a large forward-thinking business
• Demonstrate great analytical skills with the ability to submit thorough and accurate work of the highest quality to tight deadlines
• Have tangible drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help you drive forwards in this business and contribute to your own career development
• Demonstrate an interest in, and a talent for, the commercial side of business - understanding how your role can impact on the wider business as a whole and vice-versa
In return, you will:
• Work in a large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are genuine)
• Gain exposure to the commercial operations of a business in a financial accounting department that are proud of their unique approach towards actually adding value to the business
• Become an important part of the financial accounting team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction
• Enjoy a good level of autonomy in your role, where you are being encouraged to initiate projects and initiatives to help improve process, procedures and reports in your area
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Accountant to work at a senior level in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business - enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'