I am recruiting for one of our top charity clients based in North-East London.
Financial Accountant. Reporting into the Head of Finance.
£52,000 - £55,000
A great opportunity to manage the year end process for a large (100m+ turnover) charity, and to play a role in strengthening financial systems and controls to support the ongoing growth of the organisation.
- Preparation of year end consolidated accounts for the charity and its subsidiaries.
- Preparation of year end schedules for statutory audit.
- Regular and ongoing review of internal financial systems and controls, identification of weaknesses and recommendations for improvements.
- Project based finance work, assisting Purchase Ledger and Management Accounts teams in supporting the changing needs of the charity.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for the charity and subsidiaries.
- Working with the Purchase Ledger and Management Accounts teams to identify potential system improvements and to manage their implementation.
- Working with the Retail team and other departments to expand and developing the existing systems to support the growth of the charity.
- Assistance with internal audits carried out by third parties and work on implementation of recommendations.
- An ACA qualified accountant with previous responsibility for year end accounts.
- A self-motivated individual able to work without supervision and bring a project to a conclusion.
- Excellent communication skills to engage different departments in project work and to build relationships with key personnel across the organisation.
- Knowledge & experience of using Excel to support day to day work, including analysis.
With addition of good benefits package
- Professional accounts Qualification ACA
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'