Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work
We are in search of a top tier International Financial Accountant with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced international organization in central London.
This role will be responsible for supporting and supervising the monthly close processes, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen overall control environment. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, a great teammate with a solid working knowledge of IFRS/FRS as well as exposure to US GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls. This role will be reporting to the Group Controller.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
* Adheres to monthly close calendar and ensure timely and insightful financial reporting
* Coordinate and communicate with business partners to obtain support and ensure documentation is world-class
* Assist in preparing internal and external reporting schedules for management and external service providers
* Assist in balance sheet and monthly country variance analytics
* Maintain and improve the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
* Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
* Process vendor and employee expense payments in accordance with term and policy
* Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
* Assist in preparing VAT and CIT returns together with advisors
* Ad hoc accounting requests as needed
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
* Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of accounting work experience
* Solid working knowledge of IFRS/FRS 102 reporting
* Exposure to applications of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal (SOX) controls preferred
* Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal and critical-thinking skills
* A standout colleague, adept at building relationships across the organization
* Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
* Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast pace, self starter environment without losing accuracy
* Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
* Experience with NetSuite preferred
Why join us?
*Market Leader in what we do, fast growing tech company
*Opportunity for progression
*Competitve Salary and fantastic benefits including medical, pension and catered lunches
*Friendly and open team based in modern offices in the heart of London
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Internal Controls
- Control Environment
- US GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'