Financial Accountant - Glasgow
Arnold Ash have been retained to identify a Financial Accountant for a global client in a period of huge investment and transformation. This Financial Accountant will report to the Group FC and must have experience working in the UK but responsible for Asia Pac / Australian entity as part of the role.
You will work in the new Shared Services Centre R2R team and responsible for all the financial, management and statutory accounting and reporting for the APAC region.
The role requires flexible working hours during key finance deadline periods e.g. month-end, Year-End as communication with local management and cost centre managers will need to happen local Australia time.
The successful Financial Accountant must have the following skills:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA desired) The ideal candidate will have over 5 years experience working in a senior financial accounting role with experience of APAC region accounting.
- Knowledge and experience in IFRS. Experience of working in a manufacturing business is highly beneficial.
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills. They will have the ability to prioritise and organise their workload and commitment to meet financial deadlines. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Self directed and self-motivated. Strong interpersonal skills.
- IT literate with advanced Excel skills and finance system experience essential.
The duties of the Financial Accountant will include:
- Timely and accurate submission of all statutory financial and management accounting and reporting for APAC according to deadlines
- All fiscal and tax compliance reporting and submissions according to local Australia, New Zealand and SE Asia requirements
- Timely and accurate preparation of Budget and periodic forecasts working together with local managers
- Manage the cashflow for the APAC businesses. Providing weekly, monthly and 13 month forecasts, monitors foreign currency exposures and liaise with Group Treasury on hedging strategy
- Accountable for both internal and external audits including review of internal controls and policies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'