Now Careers are working with a leading manufacturing group based near Cwmbran who have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic accountant to join the expanding head office team as a Financial Accountant .
This position will be responsible for implementing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance to local GAAP, US GAAP and policies. The Accountant is responsible in completing work in a timely and accurate manner and that internal controls are functioning properly and adhered to. This position will work closely with all levels at multiple EU locations to ensure processes are robust for data capture.
- The Accountant has responsibility for all areas related to financial reporting as directed by Accounting Manager EU:
- Ensure overall general ledger integrity.
- Coordinate accurate and timely month-end activities.
- Implement best practices.
- Coordinate SOX, Internal, and External audit engagements.
- Initiate, recommend or provide SOX/audit remediation solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of SOX/audit remediation solutions.
- Timely and accurate submission of annual Corporate and Tax reporting requirements.
- Reviews, monitors and controls monthly and quarterly balance sheet reviews.
- Publish meeting minutes and action items resulting from review.
- Work in concert with European Accounting Staff to standardize best practices across all European sites
- 2+ years experience in a discipline of Finance
- Demonstrated growth progression within Finance discipline
- Willingness to travel
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Oracle)
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Professional accounting qualification or Qualified by experience- part or fully qualified
- Experience managing multiple balance sheets in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with team members within and outside of his/her department
- High integrity, excellent work ethic, customer service orientated, ability to think outside of the box and ability to mentor and coach different types of subordinate/s.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'