Headquartered in London our client is a highly successful, dynamic and fast growing FTSE 100 business. The Group has a turnover of c. £5 billion and c. 28,000 employees in over 30 countries. The Group is currently in the process of exciting expansion. The Group Accountant will be an integral part of the organisations future growth. with a salary of c£60,000 plus 20% bonus and other FTSE benefits, it is an excellent opportunity for someone making their first move in to industry.
- A key member of the Group Reporting Team, responsible for a number of Central entities (eg. UK statutory entities including the preparation of the annual statutory accounts) and a number of consolidation and elimination entities. This includes responsibility for reporting (actuals, forecast and budget) these entities and review and ownership of consolidation adjustments, including driving consolidation process improvements and efficiencies. A sound knowledge of multi-currency Group consolidations, with good attention to detail, is required.
- Responsible for the Group intercompany process. This includes the monthly review and monitoring of intercompany balance sheet and income statement mismatches and liaising with divisions to ensure all mismatches are resolved within a tolerable threshold each month.
- Responsible for reviewing the Group reserves’ movements each month, understanding all movements and ensuring proper elimination entries are recorded where appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing the Group PPE and intangible assets’ movements each month, ensuring all movements are valid and liaising with divisions to ensure corrections are made (if needed).
- Responsible for the Group accounting of share-based payments. This includes calculating the Group’s annual share-based payments charge, communicating this to the divisions and reviewing and analysing the share-based payment accounting entries each month.
- Responsible for managing the UK statutory accounts process. This includes setting and communicating the annual timetable, monitoring the process throughout the UK including liaising with the responsible accountants and statutory auditors as needed, and providing regular updates to various stakeholders.
- Accountant for the Charitable Foundation. This includes preparing the annual statutory accounts, preparing management accounts as needed, controlling and monitoring all donations and making payments as needed.
- Assisting in the half-year and year-end reporting process as needed, including liaising with the Group auditors and preparing working papers for all the areas listed above.
- Undertake ad hoc accounting projects as and when required.
- 2 years post-qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferably with experience working in Group reporting in a large multi-national PLC
- Enthusiastic, with a strong sense of pride in the quality of their work
- Proactive and self-sufficient
- A good communicator, confident in explaining accounting matters to others
- Interested in process improvement
- Willing to "roll up their sleeves" to tackle any task or get into the detail when required
- Personable and straightforward with a good sense of humour
- Hyperion Financial Management experience is preferred.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'