My client is a NASDAQ listed metals business with an office in Mayfair. They are seeking the addition of an ambituous auditor from one of the Big 4 practice firms to join as a Financial Accountant.
The Financial Accountant plays a key role as part of the global corporate office in ensuring the on-time reporting of high quality financial information. The individual will be accountable for the accurate reporting of consolidated financial data for the Company and its subsidiaries, and for preparing and analysing consolidated information for monthly and quarterly reporting. The Company is listed on the NASDAQ and files consolidated financial statements (form 20-F) with the SEC, as well as an annual report and accounts with Companies House in the UK.
The Financial Accountant will work as part of team of two other financial accountants, the senior accountant and the assistant controller to ensure that data is presented accurately, controls are operating effectively and that any accounting issues are identified, understood and resolved on a timely basis through process management. In addition, the individual will take responsibility for the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in financial reporting and for liaising with external auditors.
KEY WORK OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparation of financial statements and notes in accordance with IFRS for annual and quarterly filings.
- Responsible for maintaining accounting records of corporate (head office) entities.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring financial transactions and reporting are completed and reported in line with Company reporting timetables and local statutory requirements.
- Reviewing subsidiary data submissions, ensuring accuracy with all validations cleared and/or understood.
- Quarterly preparation of commentary and analytical review of financial results.
- Supporting the Assistant Controller with the monthly consolidation of the Company's results, including preparation of consolidation entries.
- Acting as a point of contact for subsidiary finance teams for reporting issues and queries, including issues encountered with the loading of their monthly results.
- Supporting the Senior Accountant with the preparation of accounting papers and accounting entries for complex transactions.
- Supporting the VP Corporate Controller with ad hoc projects such as accounting for business combinations and the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Liaising with the auditors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the interim reviews and year-end audits.
- Contributing to Company-wide finance projects, such as the implementation of new systems and controls.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
- ACA qualified (Big 4 preferred)
- Understands and applies relevant IFRS accounting principles
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal skills; attention to detail
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Statements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job