A world leading museum is seeking a bright, proactive individual to join the close-knit finance function in a developmental role. This is an exciting time to be joining as the museum’s focus turns to increasing commercial revenue and delivering various exciting projects and continuing to develop strong relationships across non-finance departments.
Responsibilities will include;
- Assist in preparation of financial statements for museum and subsidiaries
- Assist with internal and external audit
- Prepare corporation tax for museum and entities
- Assist the Senior Accountant in forecasting museums and galleries tax relief and assist with preparation of claims
- Assist in preparation of group VAT returns
- Monitor staff debtor accounts and ensure HR and Finance are kept updated
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled monthly
- Prepare monthly accruals, prepayments and journals
- Assist with preparation of management reports
The ideal candidate will be part-qualified or finalist level (ACCA, CIPFA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) active studier, with solid accounting experience including balance sheet reconciliations. You will have great attention to detail and the desire to learn and improve. This role will offer opportunities for career and personal development where you will eventually take ownership of the listed responsibilities and more. You will have a genuine interest in the mission of the museum.
In return you will receive 25 days holidays, free entry to this and other London museums and the opportunity to work in a supportive and dynamic finance team. If this sounds like it could be of interest, please apply today!
- Sheet Reconciliations
- Statutory Accounting
- Vat Returns
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job