Financial Accountant opportunity (Financial Controller designate) with excellent prospects in a growing Financial Services organisation (currently 150 staff) who have recently moved into new offices in The City. This will be a great role for someone who enjoys a busy and evolving environment in a business going through a period of transition. This role is being recruited to strengthen the finance team, improve the control environment and to support improvements in business processes with more automation of the month end process.
Your background will ideally be from a large Accountancy firm and you will be ACA or ACCA qualified. You may be making your first move from Practice or have trained in Practice and already made the move to industry (preferably Financial Services). In this Financial Accountant role you will be key in liaising with and providing accurate information to regulatory bodies and external auditors and you will ideally have a keen interest in using technology to improve Management Information.
• Compile the monthly management accounts, including - improve current process and reduce close time.
• Post routine monthly journals for tax, interest
• Performance of key reconciliations between the trading platform and accounting system at month end
• Maintenance of Loan note registers and reporting to external stakeholders/investors
• Produce balance sheet reconciliations and ensure costs are allocated to the appropriate entities
• Calculate VAT returns for a partially exempt business. Liaise with advisors.
• Assist with Corporation tax compliance and prepare tax computations.
• Complete tax analysis reports.
• The development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures.
• Take ownership of the audit process and financial statement production. The group reports under IFRS on a consolidated basis.
• Develop and test new management information infrastructure.
• Responsibility for monitoring covenants and preparing quarterly compliance certificates
• Compile and review balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support FC/Treasurer in daily cash management
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Qualified ACA accountant.
• Practice experience and exposure to financial statement preparation.
• Experience of accounting under Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Financial Services exposure needed. Foreign Exchange, Commodity, Brokerage, or Equity trading experience suitable.
• Experience with the following accounting software desirable; SAGE 200.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job