A highly reputable Media Group has a requirement for an experienced qualified accountant to join their busy team for an 18 month maternity cover. Reporting into the Group FC/FD this role will work across all aspects of finance for the Group company and some subsidiaries.
Due to the nature of the work the client is ideally looking for an ACA qualified accountant who has 1-2 years post qualified experience. Ideally you will have gained some experience within a media or similar environment, have excellent communication skills and the want to work for a thriving and dynamic media company who has brought some great entertainment to the UK & International audiences.
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting for group and subsidiaries, including analysis and reporting
- Prepare monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the monthly group consolidated reports to include: P&L, balance sheets, budgets/forecasts/variance analysis and cashflow forecasts
- Prepare statutory group consolidations for audit and tax purposes
- Monthly group cash flow reporting for the bank;
- Review intercompany balance reconciliations and recharges
- Collate quarterly Group VAT reports and reconciliations
- Maintain group payroll and pension records and submit annual HMRC requirements;
- Prepare group financial reports and relevant analysis;
- Manage the company banking requirements including account opening and closures and the online banking systems.
- Fully qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE (ACA or equivalent)
- Educated to degree calibre
- Strong technical knowledge with experience of UK GAAP reporting and taxation
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others whilst creating strong working relationships
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great team player, highly motivated and thrives in a busy environment
- Highly organised, adaptable to change, great attention to detail and able to meet tight deadlines
- The want to work within a fast moving media/creative environment
- Commercially astute with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Financial Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job