Churchill Howard are working in partnership with a highly successful business Birmingham City Centre to recruit a Group Accountant. In this role, you will support the Finance Director in the delivery of the accounting service. This role will be responsible for group financial and reporting ensuring integrity and timely completeness of financial statements, in a Plc environment, in line with the latest accounting standards (IFRS).
In addition to this to assist the FD/FC in the annual budgeting and modelling of the Group's financial performance together with ensuring all monthly monitoring and reporting is accurately produced.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Financial reporting ensuring compliance with accounting standards (Period end management reporting, statutory accounting and group performance monitoring against market expectations).
* Assist FC/FD with all aspects of Plc reporting and Group accounts delivery
* Monitoring of regulatory policy and proposals and provision of professional accounting guidance and advice in light of any updates or changes.
* Constant review and implementation of improvements in the monthly reporting processes.
* Support internal audit management.
* Management of external returns (HMR&C)
* Market share & competitor analysis.
* Possible acquisition due diligence reporting - pre and post-acquisition.
* Covenant monitoring and assistance in the monthly management of cash resources.
* Assist with any major IT implementation projects as and when necessary
Key Skills & Experience
* Previous experience within a similar role.
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA).
* Up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards - FRS 102/IFRS
* Willingness to adapt to constantly changing business requirements.
* Strong commercial awareness and mindset.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
* Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and will demonstrate fantastic communication skills. They will be a pragmatic problem solver and face challenges head on. They will show a genuine interest in the industry and will demonstrate a willingness to participate when forming key business strategy.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job