Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: North Norfolk
Salary: Up to £55,000
Cooper Lomaz are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to work with one of Norfolks most well know key manufacturers.
Duties of the role include but aren't limited to:
* Support the Finance Director in the provision of statutory and compliance reporting and information, collation of audit information and preparation of analysis for statutory disclosures.
* Control the reporting of all business taxes including VAT and PAYE ensuring full reconciliation with detailed ledgers.
* Monitor the capital expenditure across the business, providing appropriate management reports to drive adherence to process and policy.
* Ensure the fixed asset register is maintained in accordance with the business policy and that additions, disposals and depreciation are recorded in a timely manner.
* Take control of the balance sheet reconciliations for the business, ensuring that all accounts are accurate and completed monthly to comply with audit requirements.
* Provide holiday cover for Purchase Ledger Supervisor and Cashier as required and perform various ad-hoc duties as defined by the Finance Director from time to time.
* Support the evolution of the Financial processes of the business through periodic Internal Audit reviews, and process mapping of Finance Dept. activities to ensure best practice and efficient process is always followed.
* Lead the business through the budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring the robustness of the budgets / forecasts are tested before delivery.
* Take the lead in Financial Systems development.
Knowledge and skills:
* Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)- Qualified by experience will be considered
* Experience in the preparation of information and analysis for accounting disclosures
* Robust knowledge of the UK direct tax and indirect tax environment with regard to implications of these on a limited company
* Proficient Microsoft Excel user, including the use of pivot tables and lookups
* Ability to present complex information in a simple and clear manner
* Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative whilst being a Good communicator and able to build solid working relationships
* Team player who will support and assist other areas of the Finance team as required
If you feel you meet the requirements of this role, please don't hesitate to apply.
For more information or if you have any further questions, please get in touch with the Norfolk Finance team at Cooper Lomaz.