Financial Accountant - Dublin
Counterpoint was launched in November 2013 and it is the new name for Britvic licensed wholesale in Ireland. We have an extensive brands portfolio and provide a wide selection of products ranging from Soft Drinks and Snacks, to Wines, Beers and Spirits.
We are proud to say that we are the No.1 soft drinks wholesaler to the licensed trade with over 40% market share. As part of Britvic Plc, we offer a truly local, through-the line service with global standards and scale. Innovation, quality of service, and on-going enhancement of our product offering has kept our business at the forefront of the Irish hospitality industry since we began as C&C in 1852. Today we serve 7,000+ accounts, with a continually evolving portfolio of leading brands.
Counterpoint Ireland has a vacancy for a Financial Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager the position holder will be responsible for a number of key areas including full balance sheet reconciliations, GL postings, month end preparation, commercial reports for the business and managing customer LTA’s for both our ROI and NI entity.
- Responsible for monthly financial accounting to include preparation of journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Work closely with budget holders across the business to ensure accurate overheads and provisions are being captured monthly.
- Ensuring the timely completion of all Balance Sheet reconciliations monthly for Manager review.
- Responsible for completion of Commercial reports to the business with agreed timeframe.
- Managing supplier rebates, working closely with Procurement Manager to ensure accuracy of accruals and reconciliation of accounts.
- Managing customer LTA process end to end in a timely manner.
- Preparation of VAT returns for both our ROI and NI entities.
- Manage Intercompany accounts working closely with Head Office on cross charges and reconciling accounts.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure Annual Audit is managed within agreed deadlines.
- Assist in the timely completion and filing of Statutory Accounts for two legal entities (ROI and NI).
To be successful in this role you will be a Qualified Accountant, who is enthusiastic and motivated with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. With lots of exciting challenges along the way, you will need the ability to prioritise key issues, and although ideally from within a FMCG background, it’s not essential!
In return, we can offer a competitive salary plus benefits. You will receive dedicated learning and development support along with the genuine opportunity to progress your career, whether in Finance or other areas of the business.
If this sounds like the right role for you, apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job