The individual will be responsible for the management/production of financial controls, ledger postings and balance sheet reconciliations for all companies.
The individual will be responsible for preparation of year-end statutory accounts and regulatory reporting, on a timely basis, for all companies including interactions with external auditors and other Finance teams across the UK.
The company is a leading International Financial Services business with a growing division in Yorkshire.
- Financial Controls over:
- Annual Profitability (EBITDA)
- Annual Revenue
- Underlying Costs
- Journal posting responsibility for multiple regions and entities
- Accurate and timely completion of Balance Sheet substantiation for all entities.
- Accurate and timely completion of annual statutory accounts
- Accurate and timely completion of regulatory reporting
- Daily and weekly financial accounting processes (inc B/S recs)
- Understanding new processes and maintaining comprehensive and up to date process documentation
- Understanding, and implementation of financial controls
- Communication and knowledge sharing within the Financial Accounting and wider Financial Control and Finance teams
- Work with the Business finance and Business Control teams to understand trends and ensure that the accounting records are correct from a business unit perspective in addition to a legal entity perspective
Support Senior Management and the Finance Directors with ad hoc requests and reporting.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified/finalist including an understanding of new UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Advanced excel skills (to include Vlookups, SumIfs and Pivots)
- Previous experience working in a finance team.
- Highly numerate with a strong attention to detail and ability to produce accurate reporting within tight timescales and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Able to communicate with other Finance and business colleagues in a concise a professional manner
- Experience of Epicor and Hyperion Systems is desirable
Very competitive salary banding, excellent progression opportunities and a friendly and relaxed culture.
- Financial Accountant