I am currently working with a client based in Wellingborough who is looking for an Financial Accountant to join their busy team, This role is an 6 month contract with a view to possibly go permanent.
• Manage/supervise 2/3 direct reports. To involve overseeing the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, payroll and cash office functions, providing support and guidance and identifying training needs where necessary. Monitor the ageing profiles of the company ledgers and ensure sound cash flow process and efficiencies are maintained.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts for the trading company and the Trust. Preparation to P&L level, using existing reporting model and accounting package, with the ability to interpret the results and provide concise commentary on key variances and drivers an advantage.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
• Presentation of financial data to the FD and MD.
• Timely and accurate financial reporting to the Board.
• Preparation of year end accounts pack for auditors and experience in the preparation of and/or understanding of statutory accounts.
• Ensure that cash flows are carefully monitored to ensure all cash needs are met.
• Assist with the preparation of the budget and forecasting process.
• Assist with the performance analysis of the retail operation with a view to advising on profit improvement.
• Custodian of the purchase ordering system following successful implementation.
• VAT reconciliations and HMRC returns and compliance.
• Preparation and submission of financial returns in accordance with statute.
• Look critically at all current accounting procedures, suggest process improvements and assist with the subsequent implementation.
• Responsible for the payment processing of the weekly supplier, monthly payroll and ad-hoc payment requests, subject to internal approval process.
• Ensure all supplier invoices have been correctly approved prior to processing.
• Review the monthly payroll prior to approval by the FD/MD.
• Other duties that may arise
Key skills, experience and attributes
• Qualified accountant or studying towards qualification.
• Previous experience of managing or supervising a small team essential.
• Ability to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions within an environment of change and growth.
• Experienced user of accounting software packages and intermediate knowledge of Excel (Lookups, SUMIFS, and Pivots).
• Ability to use initiative and manage own workload through effective time management.
• Ability to priorities work and meet deadlines whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to present financial information in a way that is accessible to the non-finance stakeholders.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues.
• Discretion in handling confidential data.
If you would be interested in the above position or would like more information about the role please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job