Churchill Howard are working in partnership with a business to recruit a Financial Accountant based in Lichfield. The successful Financial Accountant will be to manage a team and get involved with the business to add real value. This is backed up by a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
The role is to ensure timely and accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed; to meet all the external reporting requirements with the company's auditors, with HMRC and with Companies House, to ensure a robust control environment is maintained and evidenced and to assist Department Heads in fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
* Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and assisting with review
* Facilitation of month end reporting to parent company
* Ensure accurate and timely preparation of year end statutory accounts for all UK entities
* Ensure information for all HMRC returns, is collated and submitted on time to HMRC and that all statutory deadlines are met, with no penalties for late or incorrect filings. This is primarily in respect to VAT returns and assisting with Corporation Tax.
* Ensure excellent year end audit reviews for the company through the development of a first class control environment
* Liaising with and assisting external auditors during their reviews
* Maintain periodic reviews of all accounting policies
* Drive process and system improvements and efficiencies whilst increasing the quality of outputs
* Facilitation of the company's annual budgeting process in collaboration with other teams
* Assist with the annual insurance proposals and ensure the company is covered in all areas of the business
* Manage all insurance claims and ensure the integrity of the information within each claim is accurate
* Ad-hoc duties as requested
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and will demonstrate fantastic communication skills. They will show a genuine interest in the industry and will demonstrate a willingness to participate when forming key business strategy.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.