An excellent newly created opportunity for a Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant to join a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 company at their head office in Manchester.
Reporting to an impressive manager you will join an experienced team of professionals and be the Financial Accounting Lead.. As the business continues to grow you will develop into the Head of Financial Accounting. The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties;
* Form a close working relationship with the Financial Controller.
* Compilation and documentation of process notes in relation to financial standards (gain full knowledge of Access).
* Development and documentation of Internal Controls
* VAT Submission preparation work ensuring compliance with HMRC
* Creation of the Corporation Tax Pack for review by FC and external tax advisors
* Collation of data for inclusion in the PSA
* Assist in managing the relationship with external auditors - ensuring year end audit is conducted and completed in a timely manner.
* Preparation of Statutory Accounts (FRS102)
* Reconciliation of Management Accounts to Statutory accounts
* Assist with the budgeting process and maintenance of the budgetary control system.
* Ensure key balance sheet controls are documented and in place to support the quality of the monthly MI reports.
* Assist the Financial Controller in producing subsidiary accounts / VAT returns
* Assist with the compilation and documentation of transactional controls in the company's lending operations.
* Assist with the provisioning requirements of both the broking and lending divisions of the business - knowledge of IFRS9 would be an advantage.
* Manage the Purchase Ledger, transactional and cashflow functions of the business in the absence of the Financial Controller.
* Any other ad hoc duties as requested by the Financial Controller.
You will be a technically strong and ideally Practice trained Accountant looking to make a career within Industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and really enhance your career further. You will benefit from the support of an experienced Financial Controller and receive a benefits package including Pension, Health Care, Death in Service and Free Gym Membership.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.