Churchill Howard are working in partnership with a business to recruit a Financial Accountant based in Birmingham City Centre. The successful Financial Accountant will be provided scope to progress and develop their skills within a fast paced and welcoming environment that will greatly enhance their long-term career options.
The purpose of this role is to manage the month end reporting process and to ensure the process is carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice and within Corporate deadlines. As Financial Accountant you will be providing financial analysis and insight into the operational activities of the business whilst ensuring a robust control environment. Integration of new acquisitions will be a key component of the role allied to strong systems & process improvement capabilities. The role will interface with our site managers and their senior teams, heads of service functions, group finance and purchasing, ensuring that we deliver an efficient and cost-effective service.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ensure the month end reporting process is delivered within strict Corporate Deadlines
* Prepare corporate reporting packs for a number of entities
* Analyse and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
* Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget/forecast.
* Manage integration of newly acquired entities
* Work with department managers to develop and promote understanding of key financial metrics.
* Direct and coordinate company financial planning, forecasting and budget management functions
* Provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
* Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that group policies are followed.
* Direct financial audits.
* Ad hoc projects and assignments, as required.
* Deliver a clear insight of financial performance to the MDs and managers across the business on a regular basis (weekly, monthly.) enabling them to make informed, insightful decisions focusing on the priority issues that contribute positively to the performance of the business
Qualifications and Skills
* Accountancy qualification allied to 2-3 years' experience in financial roles (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
* A strong self-starter who is prepared to lead agenda's directly with General Managers and senior team members.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into analysis / information which enables users to understand business performance and make informed decisions
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain what the numbers are saying
* Solid knowledge of finance policies, processes and finance systems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
* Organised with the ability to prioritise and deliver to agreed deadlines
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.