Our client is one of the fastest-growing consultancies within the UK Financial services industry, growing by 10%+ year on year for the past 5 years.
Due to this growth, they are expanding their Finance team, and are looking to bring in an experienced Financial Accountant to work alongside their Head of Finance.
Assisting in managing the finance team of 10, your core responsibilities will include: -
- Checking bank reconciliations to source records on a weekly basis
- Periodically checking controls in place in accounting function
- Preparation of FCA returns for registered entities
- Reviewing and maintaining capital adequacy levels for FCA registered entities quarterly
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts.
- Checking and Submission of all returns that are required by the HMR&C
- Ensure all statutory information is submitted where required
- Preparation of accounting records for all trading companies, and also consolidated trial balance
- Dormant accounts are prepared by our accountants
- Preparation and oversight of documents required for the audit of the businesses
- Ensuring that the accounting policies adopted by the business are acceptable under the current accounting standards and the Companies Act 2006
- Responsibility for the proper analysis of expenditure passing through the business
- Responsibility for the credit control department. Monthly meetings are held to review any problem cases. If necessary debts are followed up with the relevant partner
- Responsibility for dealing with all staff within accounts and credit control. Recruiting new staff where necessary and dealing with all staff issues. Contributing to decisions on pay increases and bonuses. Giving yearly staff reviews and interim reviews to direct reporting staff
- Assist FCA registered entities with compliance and accounting issues
- Administration of the JV company and liaison with our partner
- Review and submission of VAT returns
- Review of cashflow forecasts for the group
- Responsibility for dealing with auditors and preparation of information for them
- Review of fixed assets and accruals accounting on a monthly basis
- Maintenance of the accounts intranet site, ensuring it is kept up to date
- Checking payroll each month, initial check undertaken by accounts staff and HR. Salaries and tax paid by payroll bureau
- Checking pension contributions monthly prepared by HR
- Preparation of annual statements for partner benefits
- Current account calculation for payment of profit distributions and bonuses
- Preparation of annual statements of current, capital, taxation accounts to partners
- Calculation of capital, drawings and tax reserves for all partners
- Dealing with technical enquiries in respect of partners’ tax, Keeping partners informed of their position and making payments to them when required
- Management of partner tax affairs, drawings, capital accounts, current accounts and loans.
- Any ad hoc tasks as required
The role would ideally suit a qualified accountant, ideally with some experience within the UK financial services industry, although this would not be essential.
A strong technical reporting background would be a pre-requisite, and it would be useful (but not vital) if there had been exposure to LLP accounts.
Like all rapidly-expanding firms, the environment is in a regular state of change, and the candidate would need to be successful within such.