This is a new position for a part-qualified accountant (or AAT qualified) with a strong commercial SME accounting background, to join a really interesting business which is really going places.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will have responsibility for:
- Production of monthly management accounts to include accruals, prepayments, accrued income & balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly reporting and commentary.
- Cash book postings.
- ONS & VAT returns.
- Liaise with operational managers to investigate accounts queries.
- Develop accounting processes, systems and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Commercial experience in a similar role, probably SME rather than a large corporate.
- First-hand experience and familiarity with general accounting processes.
- Good attention to detail and knowledge of processes to ensure integrity of data.
- The ability to organise / re-prioritise workload according to the needs of the business.
- Experience of using accounting systems, ideally Access Dimension or similar (e.g. Sage).
- Strong Excel skills (formulae, lookups, pivot tables).
- A flexible, hard-working and hands-on approach.
If you are hungry for a new challenge, and relish a varied busy role where everyone is pulling together for the benefit of business objectives, then we would love to hear from you.
Flexible hours are available to suit childcare or other commitments. If you are looking for reduced hours then please specify on your covering email (salary would then be pro rata). Please note that our client does need the successful person to be able to work from Monday to Friday. Standard hours are 08:30 to 17:30.