Global US-owned telecommunications firm is looking for a Financial Accountant (Part-qualified) to join its EMEA Finance team based in Central London.
The role sits in an EMEA Financial reporting team of aound 30 people (as part of a large EMEA finance department of c.150), and reports to a Senior Accountant.Role Description
Member of the General Ledger Accounting team for Europe, with responsibilities primarily Opex (operating costs) and Cash Management accounting (bank reconciliations), and Statutory Accounting.
Supporting the Accounting Manager to ensure that the Oracle General Ledger is maintained on a timely and accurate basis for specified companies and that management reporting activities are completed as required
- Preparation of US GAAP monthly accounts for a number of European entities
- Completion of monthly and quarterly accounting reporting requirements
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns for various European entities
- Preparation of Local GAAP statutory accounts, to include liaison with tax advisors and external auditors, for a number of European entities
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for a number of European bank accounts, booking Cash Management journals, and review of the cash clearing accounts monthly
- Intercompany accounting work, including booking Reassignment & Currency Conversion transactions, and resolving Intercompany differences.
- Involvement in a number of ad hoc projects under the supervision of the Senior Manager/Director driving tax savings and system efficiencies
- The ideal candidate will be close to completing ACCA / ACA/ CIMA (or equivalent)
- Candidates must have solid month end financial accounting experience
- The required candidate for this role would preferably have worked in a multinational company or accountancy practice.
- The candidate should have good MS Office skills and ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- SAP or Oracle experience would be an advantage
- The job requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should be accurate, flexible, attentive to detail, and a good team player