Based in central London my client is an international technology group with an amazing product range, company culture and management team
Outcomes of the Role
The following are the essential expected outcomes of an incumbent performing this role:
Ensure preparation of monthly financials, working with the finance team to ensure that the management accounts and commentary are produced in a timely and consistent fashion and in line with external reporting deadlines, this includes, analytical review, reviewing of P&L variance analysis prepared by the team and preparation of cash flow and balance sheet commentary
Supporting the budget and reforecast process, working with the Senior Analyst to ensure that the budget and reforecasts are prepared in a timely manner, including specific inputs around Other overheads and peer review of Senior Analysts models
Assisting with the management of Global tax compliance, working with the Financial Controller and our external tax advisers to ensure full compliance with all relevant local taxes and submissions, ad-hoc review of compliance process and identification of tax planning opportunities.
Financial Force Superuser/evangelist, assisting in driving systems enhancements in conjunction with the Business Systems team, keeping up-to-date with enhanced functionality, participating with the FF community and ensuring the system is appropriately maintained and administered
Mentoring the team, ensuring that the Financial Accountant and the Assistant Accountant continuously receive support and feedback in order to better understand and do their job, where appropriate, having regard to the level of their studies, exposing them to new tasks
Treasury management, working with the Group Financial Controller on managing cash and any exposure to FX risk, including rolling cash flow forecasts, supplier payments and funding transfers.
Year-end audit and preparation of statutory accounts, working with the Group Financial Controller to ensure robust year end files are made available to the group auditors and preparing statutory accounts.
Credit control support, working with the Financial Accountant and the Accountants Assistant to support and monitor the credit control process, where appropriate driving escalations and feedback to Group Financial Controller
Sales/Legal support, to facilitate the sales/renewals process, including Co-term schedules, license summary information and approving of Sales Order Control Forms.
Payroll review, working with HR to review the monthly payroll workings.
Provide Leadership, by modelling the way (leading by example and by the company values); Inspire a shared vision and enlist others in the vision; Challenge the process via innovation, experimentation and take risks to continuously develop the Department and its function; Enable others to act, foster collaboration within the team and between the wider team; Encourage the heart, recognise contributions of the team members.Professional profile
A person in this role would be expected to have the following:
- ACCA/ACA qualifications or equivalent with a minimum of 3-4 years post qualification experience
- A mid-tier practice background with practical experience around compliance, statutory reporting and the creation of financial accounts and associated disclosures.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Concise and clear presentation skills
- Background in implementing financial controls and strong governance
- Experience in a management role, including line management and hiring.
- Proven track record in numeric and data analysis and general attention to detail
- Proven track record in blue sky and visionary thinking, proving thought leadership to your teams and those around you.
- Proven track record in relationship and network building, including proactively helping others, working within and contributing towards effective teams
We believe that to sustain our success and to maintain the culture we enjoy working in we need to be both "smart" and "healthy" in the way we work. Which is why we have taken the time to define our core values, those that we feel differentiate us in the marketplace.
- Our People & their Families matter, Treat everyone with courtesy and respect and help people to feel welcome in our organisation. Recognise that our colleagues have a life outside of work and understand the potential impact this might have on their work at any given time
- Wear the Customers Shoes, Work in partnership across departments and with clients to deliver the very best products and service. Put myself in clients’ shoes and take time to listen and understand their needs
- Build for the Future, Do the 'right thing’, Take the right option not the easy option
- Be Humble, Humble people lack excessive ego or concerns about status. They are quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for their own. They share credit, emphasize team over self and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Be Hungry, Hungry people are always looking for more. More things to do. More to learn. More responsibility to take on. Hungry people almost never have to be pushed by a manager to work harder because they are self-motivated and diligent. They are constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
Have a point of view, Everybody’s ideas and thoughts are important, we encourage all staff to contribute ideas in as many forums as they feel they can add value, and all staff to listen to other people’s ideas, leading to passionate unfiltered debate.