I am currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a highly successful retail company based in North Birmingham. This position has come about purely due to expansion within the department and requires a strong technical Accountant. You will be at a qualified level, ideally of worked within practice previously, if you have industry experience that will also be beneficial.
Ideally, you will:
• Be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with experience ideally within an SME practice, concentrating on the completion of a number of smaller sized monthly accounts
• Have the ability to manage internal and external relationships to improve the communication between individual store finance departments
• Have extensive knowledge of UK GAAP, previously been involved in completing statutory accounts and keeping up to date with legislation
• Be able to complete complex reports, reports that need to be sent over to the wider group and commentated on when necessary.
In return, you will:
• Work for a well-recognised brand who have a big presence in the UK and are focussing their efforts on becoming the main market leader
• Integrate within a finance team who are all like-minded people - want to push to be the best of the best
• Have involvement with senior members of the business with the ability to add commentary and beneficial knowledge directly
• Work in a company who value their staff and have an excellent, close-knit working environment.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Accountant to work at a senior level in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business - enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.