M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Property Fund Services team in London is seeking a Financial Accountant to assist with the financial reporting of UK property owned on behalf of retail & institutional UK funds and segregated mandates.
As a team we are responsible for the financial operations of the property funds managed by M&G Investments and M&G Real Estate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's largest property investors with £25.9bn* of assets under management across all the major sectors in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America.
You will be responsible for the following tasks -
• Production and dispatch of daily/weekly/monthly pricing returns to agreed formats within agreed deadlines
• Liaising with Fund and Asset Managers to understand the underlying transactions and ensure appropriate financial operation of the funds/investments
• Production of cash flow forecasts for the fund managers used in managing liquidity
• Assisting in monitoring and improving the relevant processes, controls and procedures
• Provision of financial information to Group Tax
• Assisting with year-end reporting
• Production of audit information for the funds
• Liaising with Property Managers and Property Accounts to obtain and challenge information received and processed to ensure the accuracy and completeness and all pricing and financial returns in respect of the assigned funds.
What we are looking for
You will be a newly or part qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA or equivalent) and will be able to demonstrate exposure to property accounting under UK GAAP. In addition you will be able to demonstrate confidence in core accounting skills with a strong and confident ability to challenge a range of financial data. You will possess first class communication skills and an ability to quickly understand and act on questions raised by clients in a timely manner. This will be a highly visible role and so requires someone with an approachable personality. Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is beneficial but not essential.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.