Computeam Ltd is looking for an experienced accountant/book-keeper to join our finance team. This is a pro-rata role that will equate to around 60% of a full time role. There is flexibility around the number of hours required and when these hours are undertaken and the role may suit someone with childcare duties.
We are a fast growing business working with schools and colleges to help them get the most out of their IT spend. We are looking for someone who is adaptable and willing to take initiative as we develop our management information systems.
We hire for attitude, and it would be an advantage if you have experience of working within a small or medium sized privately owned business.
Who we are
Computeam is a specialist Education IT provider. We were founded in 1999 and having recently merged with an established provider in the South-West we now work with over 350 schools to provide technical services, installations, advice, training and guidance in the use of technology in the curriculum. We're passionate about improving school outcomes using ICT, and we're now seeking committed individuals to join our growing team.
We were accredited as Investors in People in 2013 and we take pride in looking after our staff and our clients.
What we're looking for
We are looking to add a person with accounting skills to our small finance team. The role will involve working with our customers and suppliers to ensure an efficient and accurate flow of financial information.
As well as this, we want someone who is diligent, with an eye for detail and who is looking to improve internal processes. The role will require a good level of computer literacy.
We do our best to look after our staff and expect them to look after our clients in turn. While practical skills are important, we always hire for a positive attitude and a commitment to getting the job done for the client. We also like people who are passionate about education & technology generally.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- ensure efficient and accurate processing of invoices from suppliers and to customers
- operation of the credit control function
- implement, maintain and develop office management information systems
- handle accounting procedures required for monthly reporting
- production of financial information required by the business on, for example, project profitability
- communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- liaison with internal and external contacts
- coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
Essential / Desirable qualities
Candidates must have the following skills / qualities:
- Excellent rapport-building skills and a positive attitude
- Good communication skills and a professional manner in telephone & email contact
- Good level of computer literacy and ability to word with Microsoft Office productivity suite (Excel skills will be particularly valuable)
- Be well organised and able to demonstrate a planned approach to tasks
- Have at least three years’ experience of working in an accounting or book-keeping role
Aside from this, any of the following would give you an advantage, but please apply anyway if you don't have them:
- Be able to demonstrate a general enthusiasm for technology and/or an interest in the Education sector
- Wider knowledge of business principles and processes
- Any previous experience of working in the education sector
Salary & Benefits Package
Salary will not be a bar to the appointment of the right person for this important position. We anticipate that we will be paying a salary in the range of £20,000 - £25,000 dependent on skills & experience pro-rata for a role that will equate to around 60% of a full time role. There is flexibility around the number of hours required and when these hours are undertaken and the role may suit someone with childcare duties.
We offer a contributory pension scheme, have an exciting employee profit-share.
We know there’s more to life than work - that’s why when you join Computeam Ltd you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, tastecards, and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more.
What to do if you're interested:
We intend to hold interviews during December 2017 once applications have been processed so please let us know if you aren't going to be around then.
- Excel skills
- Excellent organiser
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job