Rutherford Briant are currently working exclusively with an aviation business based in Stansted who are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their expanding team. This role will be responsible for the financial management and statutory reporting of the business as well as to look to improve current process and systems in place currently during the rapid growth of the business.
Typical duties include:
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations within extremely tight predefined month end time frames and to resolve any reconciliation items before the following month end
- To prepare monthly VAT returns. Keeping abreast of changes in legislation as well as products and services that have a VAT impact
- To complete year end financial and statutory returns as well as the maintenance of year end working files for internal control, and external audit review
- To be familiar with policy, rules and accounting standards that govern the preparation of accurate financial accounts
- To assist in the improvement of the nominal ledger account code structure to ensure operational efficiency is maximised with the ultimate aim of making the financial and management accounting process as efficient as possible
The ideal candidate will be ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified with experience working within financial accounting. You will need to have a deep understanding of various VAT legislation and keeping up to date with new legislation both national and international. This position will suit a candidate with aspirations to progress their career within finance.
Rutherford Briant are the Leading Quality Driven Accountancy and HR Recruitment Specialists in East Anglia.
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Reconciliations
- Financial Reporting
- Cash Flow Forecasting