Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Financial Accountant in Witham. This is initially offered on a 12 month fixed term with the potential to go permanent. This is a new role and an exciting opportunity for someone with experience who will be working for a global leader within the Financial Services industry. This role will be working within a centralised Financial & Regulatory Reporting Team responsible for the timely and accurate production of Annual Financial Statements, Regulatory reports and returns.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for preparing statutory accounts, month-end accounts, VAT and Corporation tax reports.
- To be a client service representative of Finance, maintaining regular contact with clients to provide a value added service through process improvement and query resolution aided by close working relationships with offshore providers.
- Review and production of annual financial statements for active EMEA or international companies, including liaison with external auditors during the course of their annual audit. Preparation of annual company files, backing up disclosed numbers in the financial statements.
- Corporation tax and deferred tax calculations for group reporting and agreeing to local returns.
- Controlling the processing of quarterly tax provisions and reporting for various European companies, including group tax reporting using one-source.
- Technical accounting query resolution and ad-hoc investigations/analysis as and when required.
- Preparation and control of legal entity quarterly forecasts for allocated countries and companies.
- Production of monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory and governmental reports.
- Produce sub consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for controllers and local management.
- Liaison with local service providers (e.g. EY) with a view to completion of local regulatory returns, such as VAT.
- Assisting with monitoring company balance sheets to ensure any foreign exchange exposure is kept to a minimum
- Liaison with a number of stakeholders including outsource providers, Systems Support, Payroll or Treasury for the resolution of queries and problems.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent and ideally have experience within public practice. This is a rare opportunity to gain great exposure in terms of technical skills as well as international experience. On offer for the right candidate is an excellent package including market leading benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job