£45,000 - £50,000
Maintenance of overall balance sheet, ensuring compliance with current accounting standards and relevant internal policies. Working with counterpart company, provide financial and technical accounting support for accounting processes, such as depreciation and fixed asset accounting. Support the production of balance sheet & cashflow budgets and forecasts for this business area. Manage and support group related processes such internal audit action follow-up, self-certification process, reviewing robustness of Balance Sheet reconciliations and co-ordinating reviews.
Main Accountabilities / Outputs
- Maintain, control and have oversight over the Balance Sheet for the primary business. Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are completed, reviewed and approved on a monthly basis and that current accounting standards & relevant internal policies are applied.
- Maintain a log of issues identified with agreed actions to resolve. Ensure that all actions are cleared on a timely basis, and escalate significant issues, or those where resolution becomes protracted. Ensure that month end journal entries are approved in line with corporate requirements.
- Ensure accounting and management accounting for fixed assets (including depreciation) is accurate and consistent, and that month end reporting is completed in line with prevailing timetables. Co-ordinate all fixed asset & capital income reconciliations, including depreciation, capital creditors, capital contributions etc.
- Working with the management accountants, review judgements for material balance sheet provisions and accruals and ensure the rationale and/or justification is sufficient for audit purposes.
- Ensure all schedules required by external audit are complete and accurate, for inclusion within the statutory accounts. Operate as audit liaison at full year and half year. Manage control points arising (incl ARRC issues), and implement appropriate solutions. Liaise with internal audit to close down open action points once resolved.
- Ensure all group, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements are met, including providing and recommending accounting treatment of different types of opex and capex transactions, and ensuring the wider finance team are aware of changes in regulation which may impact the business.
- Manage and support group related processes such as following up on outstanding internal audit actions, driving the self-certification process, reviewing robustness of Balance Sheet reconciliations and co-ordinate regular reviews
- Review and validate the resulting financials
Skills, qualifications, experience:
- ACA Qualified
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- An inquisitive mind set with excellent organisational skills
- This is a role for a qualified accountant.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job