telent Financial Accountant, Warwick/Chorley
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
Skills - Required:
* Strong practical knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP. IFRS 15 particularly useful.
* Experience of auditing or preparing consolidated accounts.
Skills - Useful:
* Use of Oracle, SAP or other large ERP system.
* Risk assessment and internal control reviews.
* Practical experience of applying accounting standards to real-life situations - either with clients or directly for employer.
* Likely to have top 10 audit firm experience.
telent is seeking a technically strong financial accountant with a strong personality to support our Financial Reporting Manager and be a key part of our succession planning.
Responsibilities will include:
* Support for consolidation and preparation of Group management accounts.
* Support month end processes including reconciliations and opening and closing of ledgers.
* Work with the Group CFO on the ongoing rationalisation of the Group's ownership structure.
* Researching and advising on technical accounting matters.
* Provide assurance on revenue recognition on key projects.
* Support and help develop improved processes around accounting for FX hedges.
* Supporting the Group Risk Assessment process.
* Financial analysis to support business decisions.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* ACA/ACCA most likely to be relevant.
* CIMA with relevant work experience would be considered.
* Although a technical role, it requires someone with gravitas, authority and influencing skills, with the ability to grow with the role and act as part of the succession plan within the Finance team.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.