Leading London Market Insurer require a Qualified Financial Accountant
The purpose of this role will be to ensure financial reporting to group, Lloyd's, HMRC etc. are completed on time, as well as financial reporting for specific entities within the group.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Completing financial reporting deliveries including IFRS/FRS/Lloyd's GAAP including Solvency II for assigned entities/deliverables ensuring that they are delivered on time and to desired quality level.
- Completing audit files for companies as delegated on time, to desired quality and with appropriate supporting documentation fully referenced.
- The key assumptions & decisions inherent in the reporting process with any changes being clearly articulated to management with reasons why and impacts shown.
- Different reporting bases from IFRS/FRS/Lloyd's GAAP's including Solvency II ensuring that full knowledge of method differences are known and can be explained and illustrated to management.
- Knowing how financial information is produced, including key assumptions and areas of judgement.
To support the financial reporting process by…
- Tax calculations for ensuring that all reconciliations are completed on time, fully referenced to supporting material and ultimately provides transparent tax information.
- Ensure all processes are documented effectively, detailing areas of financial judgement.
- Manage tasks within agreed timetable including booking relevant review meetings with management.
- Critically appraise all processes and assumptions on an ongoing basis with a 'continual improvement outlook' and proactively engage with relevant stakeholders to improve where opportunity exists.
- Assist in other areas of the team and provide effective cover where appropriate as assigned
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) and must have current Insurance financial reporting experience. For more information please call Mark Brady alternatively
- IFRS/UKGAAP/Solvency II
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job