Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 shops and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!Job Summary
- This position is within the Financial Accounting function of TJX Europe, part of The TJX Companies Inc., which is listed on the NYSE. TJX Europe currently comprises in excess of 600 retail stores across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and The Netherlands under the branding TK Maxx and HomeSense.
- TJX Europe is a fast growing business within the European Retail Sector with turnover in excess of £3b.
- This position is part of the Financial Accounting function responsible for providing accurate and timely monthly and quarterly reporting to the US Head Office in addition to monthly management accounts to the European business.
- Execute the Transfer Pricing process within the Financial Accounting team which will involve maintaining the TP model, ensuring the resulting flows are transacted to internal deadlines, and updating the budget and rolling plans for transfer pricing.
- Assist the Consolidation and Transfer Pricing Manager with monthly close processes and reporting requirements including, but not restricted to, foreign exchange calculations and reporting, European IT expense reporting and ensuring consistency between Oracle and HFM.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for review by management.
- Assist in maintaining the intercompany accounting process for all TJX Europe legal entities ensuring all transactions are accounted for accurately ensuring underlying transactions have integrity, monthly reconciliations are prepared and reviewed and monthly invoices are raised for settlement.
- Responsible for the preparation of local GAAP statutory accounts for the European buying and holding entities.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified accountant with at least 2-3 years post qualification experience in a multi-site
- Sound technical accounting background including US, UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Previous Intercompany experience preferable within a large Multinational organisation with exposure to multiple currencies and territories.
- Basic level of understanding of international transfer pricing rules
- Ability to provide transparency to multiple stakeholders with differing backgrounds.
- Highly organised individual with attention to detail
- Thorough grasp of basic closing routines and ability to ensure integrity of the general ledger in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to drill down to appropriate level of detail and then “make sense” of a variance.
- Flexibility in approach and a willingness to go beyond the defined role.
- Experience of Oracle Financial system preferable.
- Willingness to continually question current processes to identify improvements in order to drive greater efficiency and / or integrity in the accounting processes.
- Ability to critically evaluate and challenge the controls in place to increase the integrity of the accounting processes.
- Ability to review all processes in the Intercompany functions with regard to the suitability for further European expansion.
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'