Pratap Partnership are delighted to be recruiting for a manufacturing and design PLC business based in North Doncaster. This is a newly created role of Financial Accountant.
Overview of the role;
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will assist in the day to day preparation of accounting data to meet deadlines for statutory reporting and provide analysis of financial data to support operational decision making
- Preparation of prepayment and accruals and posting to nominal ledger.
- Posting of all required manual standard and reversing journals, including ensuring accurate supporting documentation.
- Reconcile relevant balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, with all reconciling items investigated and resolved within 30 days of the month-end
- Maintain fixed asset register, including recording of acquisitions and disposal of assets as well as compliance of depreciation calculations.
- Create a summary of end of month balances with explanations for management reports.
- Ensure Tax compliance, reconciliation and submission.
- Maintain cashflow forecast including foreign exchange commitments.
- Prepare for Year End Audit, draft statutory accounts (with support) and liaise with audit team.
- Production of weekly and periodic operational reports, primarily through Excel
- Take ownership of standard costing process including foreign exchange impacts.
- Reconcile stock at period ends and calculate absorption as well as budgeting setting and reporting on variances.
- Take responsibility for the financial aspects of the year end stock count and consider improvements that are operationally viable and technically compliant.
Overview of expectations;
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or near qualified with chartered practice background and strong technical accounting skills
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Overview of benefits;
Bonus, 23 days holiday, 5.5% matched pension and parking
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'