Financial Accountant/ 3 months / Balloch / £140 per day
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant with our public-sector client for a 3 months contract £140 per day based in Balloch.
Candidate for this role will ensure projects are managed to budget, time and quality. Change Management is a key component of this post and will require excellent communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Review, interpret and advise on statutory and regulatory changes in public body financial management and determine appropriate changes in internal regulations and controls to ensure the Authority complies with statutory requirements and good practice.
- Lead on the review and update of financial and accounting policies, notably around fixed assets, in line with statutory and public financial management, including best practice
- Review and update Corporation Tax and VAT procedures and policies
- Provide financial support to projects across the organisation
- Support with the preparation of the annual accounts and external financial reporting
- Additional projects as required
- Experience of preparing year end statutory accounts
- Experience of developing strategies and policies.
- Good corporation tax and VAT knowledge
- Qualified Accountant with current full professional membership of a CCAB accountancy body.
- Self-starter with ability to work collaboratively across the organisation
- Ability to translate complicated technical information to meet the information needs of a variety of audiences.
- Articulate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with strong Excel skills and ability to interrogate financial systems
- Experience of working within a finance unit in a public sector environment (NDPB)
Please supply your CV for consideration
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.