Our client is a global organisation that offer stability and progression as well as study support for the ICM qualification. They work office hours Monday to Friday. They are currently experiencing a period of growth and looking for experienced Finance Underwriters or Analysts to join their growing Credit team
This Finance Underwriter role includes assessing the credit worthiness of new applicants and assigning suitable credit limits to new accounts. The successful candidate would be responsible for managing their own product base and making important credit decisions based on information obtained from external sources.
This is a great Finance Underwriter opportunity for someone to work in a fast paced, varied environment whilst developing risk assessment skills. This key role would suit an individual who thrives under pressure.
Key Tasks: of the Finance Underwriter:
- New application processing involving the gathering of key information to ensure we are making sound, well informed, judgemental decisions.
- Interrogation of financial statements and assessment of these, including trend identification
- Daily generation of volume reports using in house database and excel. Monitoring, managing and reporting of exceeded Credit limits escalating where necessary
- Assessment of customer accounts against their agreed credit limit using on-line credit reference agencies to obtain company/consumer information
- Assessing customer accounts making an informed decision on Credit limits ensuring minimal risk, whilst being commercially aware Contacting customers to resolve credit issues
Dealing with applicants, existing customer and extensive contact with the sales team
Key Skills/Attributes of the Finance Underwriter:
- A confident telephone manner
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards work
- Good eye for detail
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong knowledge of excel
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with external sales agents
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Salary up to 20K plus a monthly bonus of up to £300 plus an annual bonus and the study support for the ICM qualification
Further progression opportunities available
- Application Processing