Finance Transformation Analyst - 2-year contract (outside IR35)
GiBe Finance are working with a Local Government in London, recruiting a Finance Transformation Analyst to deliver a number of key Finance Projects.
The role has two main components:
- Key Finance resource for wider transformation project in the council
- Dedicated Finance resource for a number of smaller Finance projects (systems, processes & controls improvement)
The role is being offered on a 2-year term, outside of IR35. Interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely, with 5 days per week working from home until at least September. Following this, the council's standard flexible working policy will come into place, allowing a minimum of 3 days per week from home and the rest of the time in the London office.
- To work effectively as part of the Council’s Commercial and Projects team, delivering corporate objectives through the work of the department
- To work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to break down departmental barriers and ensure the delivery of transformational projects
- Deputise for the Assistant Director Commercial and Projects when required
- Ability to interpret, reflect and comply with the organisation’s policies, strategies and regulatory framework in a range of complex services to ensure delivery of expected outputs
- Attend and contribute to strategic project and programme board meetings
- Perform financial forecasting and operational metrics targeting
- Analyse financial and activity data and create financial models for decision making
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Develop models to forecast and monitor financial performance as service change is implemented to support future budgeting and understand the success of service change interventions over the medium and long term
- Identify options for service change and recommend approaches to balance resources required with desired outcomes
- Work closely with the finance team to develop and improve the key processes
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing policies and procedures to underpin transformation change projects
- Research and review regulation, technical requirements, financial accounting and taxation for various service areas to explain and document the implications of these within models and process design
- Recommend actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Compliance with section 151 of the Local Government Act 1972
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisations as part of multi-discipline teams
- Engage with colleagues at all levels able to understand detailed technical matters through to talking at a strategic level with senior leaders
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
- Strong background in a multitude of Finance Transformation projects
- Experience of working with a Local Government - gained directly or indirectly
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbally
- Ability to own projects from a top-level, as well as digging into and manipulating the detail
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'