Finance Technician - Investment Accounting
Job Title Finance Technician – Investment Accounting
Hours 37 hours per week
Reporting to Investment Manager
£23,500 - £25,000
Completion of accounting and reporting activities to support the delivery of Investment Services to Insurance clients. These will include preparation of Fund Accounts, Regulatory Returns and Management Reporting.
Business process outsourcing services. We offer life and pension administration services, including policy administration and claims handling on behalf of our clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of the investment components of the Solvency 2 returns including completion of relevant Quantitative Reporting Templates
• Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly investment reports, in accordance with Clients SLA
• Liaise closely with Financial Reporting Team to manage deliveries and resolve queries
• Monthly Preparation of Investments TB’s including review and investigation of any unusual balances
• Preparation and Review of Investment Cash Reconciliations with resolution of any issues identified
• Preparation and Review of Custody Reconciliations with resolution of any issues identified
• Liaison with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit management
• Management of investment queries from clients and internal stakeholder
• Liaison with Investment Managers and Custodians to resolve queries
• Review and control of Investment Income
• Ensure effective completion of all core controls
• Support client initiated change control and project requirements
• Support internal change projects
• Cover other administration tasks within the Investment Team as required.
- GCSE-level mathematics grade C or above
- A-level mathematics grade C or above
- In the process of studying for a recognised accounting qualification
- Analysis of financial data to explain unusual trends and variances
- Pensions and investments experience
- Completion of consolidated accounting output
- Managing and controlling reconciliations
- Knowledge of Investment markets and instruments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret numerical data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Motivated team player
- Set and achieves high standards
- Thorough and accurate with attention to detail
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'