A varied and challenging Finance Team Leader role with a successful and rapidly expanding business in Norwich.
Your new company
Our client, a fast paced and dynamic business in Central Norwich are seeking a experienced people manager to join their growing team as a Finance Team Leader.
Your new role
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Manager the key objectives of this role are to assist in the management of a Client Accounting team in order to meet client targets, service levels and to ensure continuity of service delivery. In addition to this ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements, are satisfied for the company and its clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Actively manage team member's workloads and liaise with the client accounts manager on a regular basis.
- To assist the client accounts manager in the recruitment, training, retention and motivation of the team in order to develop commitment and high performance.
- Responsibility for the six monthly performance appraisals of the team.
- Assisting in the management of development plans, poor performance and disciplinary issues.
- Learn and be able to undertake all duties performed within the Accountant and Administrator role.
- To take on responsibility for the client accounts for specified portfolios, including trial balance reporting, nominal ledger reconciliations, VAT reporting, funding reviews and ensuring client deadlines are met.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure KPI's are achieved and aim to exceed expectations.
- Be the main point of contact for the client/s for the day to day running of the portfolio.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Ensure preparation and review of quarterly cash analyses for all cash held.
- Work with the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work.
- Ensure strong communication links are established and maintained with the client accounts managers and team.
- Identify and suggest improvements to standardise, streamline and simplify working procedures.
- Any other accounting duties necessary to ensure the efficient running of the portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
- Leadership experience prefered.
- Preferable, recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) preferable or substantial accounting and/or management operations experience.
- Knowledge of property accounts and VAT preferred but not essential.
- Excellent Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi task and effectively prioritise.
- Organised and able to work to detail and to deadlines.
- Able to apply common sense.
What you'll get in return
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package this business offer excellent progression opportunities and a Central Norwich location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- qualified accountant
- finance supervisor
- accounts manager
- finance manager
- management accountant
- finance team leader
- account team leader