JOB TITLE: Finance and Administration Manager
JOB TYPE: Temp-Perm
COMPANY TYPE: Law Firm
HOURS: 09:00am - 17:30pm
SALARY: up to £50,000 plus benefits
CULTURE: Professional, friendly, high end, corporate with a friendly feel
BENEFITS: Holiday allowance, opportunities to gain skills within a growing successful professional environment!
WOW FACTOR: Interesting and varied role with opportunities for progression and ability to learn new skills
Our client is one of the leading chambers in the UK located in London. The members practice in a broad range of Civil Law specialisms including Health Law, Public Law, Professional Discipline, Professional Negligence and Inquests. Our client has an excellent reputation for advocacy, court-craft, and specialist advisory work. They are known both for their expertise and the versatility of their talent.
Job Summary | Finance & Administrator Manager
The successful candidate of this exciting role will work closely with the Chambers Director and Senior Clerk, providing them with administrative and organizational support. You will be an excellent organizer and communicator with the ability to collaborate effectively across chambers and with outside organizations. You will have the ability to organise and deliver your own workload and manage your own time without close supervision.
To provide Administrative support to the Chambers Director and Senior Clerk. Tasks will include:
- Managing Chamber's accounts and the relevant computer software, including- developing and implementing improvements to accounting procedures and software
- recording all items of income and expenditure, monitoring Chamber's Bank accounts and providing regular bank reconciliation statements
- processing Chamber's VAT and tax
- paying all Chamber's suppliers and liaising with them to ensure best value for money
- managing the petty cash accounts
- providing Chamber's accountants with support for the preparation of the audited annual accounts
- managing the payroll for all staff
- calculating and then invoicing all members for their contribution, rent and other payments
- Providing statistical support for all budgeting and business planning purposes from the Sage and Lex soft wares including detailed cash flow projections.
- Maintaining personnel records and systems for all staff and Members including records of staff holiday entitlement
- the relevant professional (eg Bar Mutual and Practicing Certificates), medical insurance and Permanent Health Insurance records
- pension and season ticket loan schemes.
- Processing Member's fees, including entering all payments to Members onto the Lex system, informing Members of said payments and maintaining a record of all BACS payments (in case of query).
- As necessary, providing guidance to and assisting the Marketing Executive in the organization of all Chambers sponsored or hosted events, seminars
- Maintaining all of Chamber's insurance policies
- Acting as direct line manager for all London-based administrative staff except for the Marketing Executive
- Supervising the secretarial team in London to ensure adequate cover.
- In consultation with the Head of Pupillage, assist in the management of pupillage recruitment through the Pupillage Gateway software, including preparing and setting up vacancy, printing applications, setting up self-service interview slots, rejecting unsuccessful applicants,managing offers.
- Together with the IT and Facilities Manager assist in IT troubleshooting on site when necessary
- Any other general management or administrative task needed to support the running of Chambers.
- Proven experience of line management of staff
- Experience of advising or dealing with HR issues at a senior management level
- Experience of managing supplier relationships including informal or formal tendering
- Experience and/or ability to oversee financial functions and control of expenditure
- Experience of managing premises and/or facilities, including awareness of Health and Safety legislation and obligations
- Experience and/or knowledge of working in a legal services environment
- Use of word processing, presentation packages, spreadsheets, internet and email systems
- Proficiency in Excel or equivalent
*Graduate or Equivalent vocational qualification in business, accountancy or other relevant field
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted. For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.