Our Finance Systems Support team are looking for an individual with experience in application support who can bring their knowledge, enthusiasm and customer service focused approach to our team. Strong SQL and reporting skills are essential and experience of Dynamics, SUN Financial systems v4 & v6, Vision, Q&A reporting or Time recording/invoice applications would be desirable. We provide technical system support across a wide variety of our business-critical applications, data feeds and reporting on our Financial and HR systems. Primarily in a Microsoft estate, we support both in-house developed and 3rd party solutions. Responsibilities will include support and maintenance of applications, investigating and resolving of incidents, supporting and implementing enhancements and ensuring processes and procedures are documented. You will work with other IT teams, projects and 3rd party vendors to deliver excellent service to Charles Taylor and its clients.
- Provide second and third line technical support to users worldwide.
- Monitor system usage and performance, investigate and implement proactive support measures.
- Perform analysis of data issues, suggest and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Adhere to agreed standards of development and release/deployment.
- Work closely with users to understand requirements for enhancement and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that support activities and metrics are within defined SLAs and KPIs.
- Produce and maintain documentation of application environments, data-flows, and support processes.
- Provide support and expertise to projects and enhancements to ensure successful Service Transition into Production support.
- 3+ years of application support responsibilities and experience in a 2nd/3rd line role
- Experience of supporting applications built on SQL Server technology (2000/2005/2008/2012) and working knowledge of T-SQL querying
- Worked with Microsoft Windows 7, 10, Server 2003/2008/2012
- Previous experience of time recording/invoicing or Financial ledger applications (such as Dynamics or Sun)
- Working knowledge of industry best practices, ITIL (incident, problem, change, release)
- A customer service orientated approach
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in application support, providing high quality customer focused support ideally within the Insurance industry.
Why Charles Taylor InsureTech?
The Charles Taylor InsureTech team blends hands-on insurance expertise with fresh thinking from the worlds of technology consulting, financial services, ecommerce and beyond.
As a newly established business which is part of Charles Taylor Plc, we combine the agility of a start up with the security and scale of a corporate. The result is a pragmatic-yet-pioneering approach that we’ve used to help clients reimagine central market systems, launch self-service digital insurance products, automate regulatory reporting requirements and more.
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the year