Finance Systems Manager, Sheffield - Development and Projects £45,000 to £50,000
My client is a leading professional services organisation based in Sheffield. Due to growth and expansion they are looking to add to their finance Systems team. The team sits within the finance department and provides valuable support to the finance team within the accounting system.
The Finance Systems Manager will focus on Development and Projects around the system and manage the full programme life cycle for finance system developments. This covers engagement with all business users , planning, managing stages of development and managing the testing cycle and deployment of deliverables.
This role will be based in Sheffield office but there will be travel to other offices .
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programme management of the finance systems developments
- Maintaining an up to date record of the project status and report regularly on progress
- Ensuring business requirements are being met with the highest quality and accuracy through a well-managed testing regime, project documentation communicating regularly with the business stakeholders
- Ensure a successful handover to support including delivery of appropriate documentation
- Managing a team up to five direct reports including day to day management and regular appraisals
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven success in the management of multiple simultaneous projects within a finance or IT environment
- Effective communication skills including workshop facilitation and the ability to present and discuss at a senior level within the firm
- Sound understanding of business goals and objectives and how to achieve them
- Strong practical understanding of the core components of the project lifecycle
- Track record of leading and motivating a professional team and delivering results
- Relevant business analysis or project management accreditation
- An understanding of database design and management and an in depth understanding of legal billing processes
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large international firm with strong career progression potential.