Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence.
Formed in 1901, BSI was the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Over a century later it continues to facilitate business improvement across the globe by helping its clients drive performance, manage risk and grow sustainably through the adoption of international management systems standards, many of which BSI originated. BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 85,000 clients in 181 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence globally.
This is an exciting opportunity as Finance Systems Analyst to join our team in Chiswick, West London or could be based in Milton Keynes, Bucks.
About the Role
This is a permanent role to provide Finance Systems support and process enhancement to the Finance user community (BSI Shared Service Centre (UK) and Finance business users across the UK and the European countries.
As a member of the Finance Systems team you will also work on the roll out of the new finance technologies chosen by BSI to bring increased control, automation, simplification and convergence.
The Finance Systems team is reporting to the Group Finance Controller (UK based) and is split across five locations (UK Chiswick, UK Milton Keynes, US, Hong Kong and Malaysia).
The role works closely with the Finance Systems team, the other systems teams, the EMEA Shared Service Centre and the EMEA finance community.
Travel will be required between London Chiswick and Milton Keynes. There may be occasional travel to some European countries.
SAP Finance User Support
- Act as first line of support for the SAP finance user community: Resolve incidents working with the helpdesk tool (Remedy). Liaise with other Finance Systems team members to resolve queries/problems when relevant.
- Support users in their daily, month end and year end processes.
- Perform regular system maintenance and data cleaning, in particular for month end and year end.
- Engage with SAP finance users in order to identify requirements, develop training material and perform user training.
- Maintain both system/ process documentation and work instructions
- The finance processes to be supported are accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, fixed assets, General ledger, Billing and Management accounting.
SAP and other systems roll out
- Act as the project manager of small projects: engage with stakeholders, build plans, monitor progress.
- Work with the local accountants in each country to define and map their requirements into BSI group processes and manage expectations
- Work on SAP FI/CO and other systems configuration.
- System test, manage UAT, document system configuration and processes, develop work instructions, and deliver training.
- Very good hand on practice of SAP Finance processes and tables (super-user level)
- Knowledge of integration between SAP finance and Sales.
- Accounting experience
- Experience of creating systems specifications, documentation and user work instructions.
- Experience in managing change.
- Excel and word: advanced level
- Excellent inter-personal skills, leadership skills and desire to engage with other finance teams and users.
- Ability to work in a team and also to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ad Hoc travel
- Desire to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities relating to new technologies.
- Willingness to cross-train and assist in areas outside of experience.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. If based in Chiswick - Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job