Reed Talent Solutions are in partnership with NHS Blood and Transplant on the search for a Finance Support Analyst.
In this role you will be required to -
- Provide help and support to budget holders in analysing budget variances and resolving complex queries
- Be the main point of contact for budget holders on a day to day basis for transaction related queries.
- Assist the Management Accounts and Finance Support Manager and other Senior Finance Staff in analysing complex data and the preparation of standard monthly reports
- Respond requests from budget holders and the Finance Business Partners for ad-hoc reports and financial information
Role information -
Job title: Finance Support Analyst
Client: NHS Blood and Transplant
Duration: 31/03/2022 (possibility of extension)
Location: Hybrid - Barnsley and remote working
Pay grade: Band 5 Agenda for Change
Pay rate: £13.12 - 16.51 per hour
Pay type: PAYE weekly via REED (one week in arrears)
Skills and abilities required -
- Communicate succinctly, both verbally and in writing, using appropriate styles, methods and timing, in order to engage and influence others
- Be an effective team member who is able to relate to colleagues at all levels across our large multi-site organisation with tact and diplomacy, with the ability to build credible and effective working relationships with managers and budget holders
- Recognise your own job role boundaries / limits of practice and know when to ask for guidance
- Follow written instructions and ensure the services you provide are in line with standard processes and good practice, showing attention to detail
- Prioritise own workload and take responsibility for delivering results within agreed timescales and standards with changing priorities and pressures
- Use initiative to look out for issues at work, acting quickly and calmly to focus on finding a solution
Experience and knowledge required -
- Experience of Financial Management, working in a medium to large multi-disciplined organisation
- Excellent knowledge of General Ledger systems, preferably Oracle
- Good knowledge of accounting standards, finance legislation and governance issues
- Well developed IT skills with experience of working with information technology using Microsoft Office packages (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), or equivalent
- Well developed analytical skills and the ability to convey complex information and deal with a wide range of ad-hoc queries responding in an easily understood manner
- Ability to development new reports in response to information requests, utilising a variety of software packages
- Ability to positively influence, and achieve, outcomes, using persuasion and logic and value the contribution of others
- Ability to assist the team in the resolution of new queries and problems, to provide business support to managers and budget holders in analysing variances and resolving budget issues
Qualifications and training required -
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification / experience
- Progression towards a recognised Accountancy Qualification e.g. CIMA/ACCA, AAT is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrates commitment to own continued professional development (CPD)
- Possession of a valid driving licence, allowing you to drive in the UK is desirable but not essential
Please apply now if interested.
- Financial Analysis
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'